Thread: Trips the shut off at 3000psi, Is it time to rebuild?

Trips the shut off at 3000psi, Is it time to rebuild?

I filled one tank when I got it and it did great, 4400psi no problem. Lubed every 2 hrs. It has set for a few weeks and now trying to fill 2nd tank. It now trips the shut off at 3000psi. The spring tension is all the way to the end of the rod so I can not make it go any farther. The fuse does not blow, it must just be having to push hard enough to trip the switch. Does this mean the Oring may be shot and need replaced? There are not leaks that I can tell and it does continually gain pressure untill it trips the toggle switch. What now?

If your sure that there are no leaks, then its the inner white oring on the lower cylinder that needs replacing or the lower back check oring. Pump up just the hose to 3k, then disconnect the shop compressor and make sure the piston rods are all the way OUT. Then see if the pressure in the hose goes down over the next few minutes. If it does, then you need to either clean or replace the lower back check valve. If the pressure holds, then replace the inner white oring on the lower cylinder.

Tom

It held the pressure so I will replace the oring you pointed me to. After watching the youtube video on doing the upper cylinder it seems very easy. I assume the lower will be the same once I get inside it. I see that you mention leaks in your responce. Will a Leak give me the same early shut off? I was just trying to listen for a leak and with the machine running it is not that easy. Should I do a soapy water test to make sure?

thanks for a great little machine and follow up support.

Always do a soapy water test before you start taking the compressor apart.

Tom

Up and running again. Where is a list of the Part Numbers for replacement Orings? And I still want to know if it is leaking would it have shut off or just not gone up in pressure? Is there a simple trouble shooting guide that I am not finding somewhere to point me to which cylinder and oring to be replaced?

We don't have a list but they are on the store. Big ones upper, small ones lower. If it leaks in the upper cylinder or AFTER the lower backcheck valve it will never shut off. If it shuts off around 2000 psi then the lower cylinder is not building pressure.

Tom

<<<<<<<< Your Customized Value <<<<<<<<