PDA

View Full Version : Shoebox 3rd stage cylinder seized in air block

crboy
01-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Serial #115
Had previous problems with small leaks resulting in early shut offs and changed o-rings to fix. Now I have a seized cylinder. I had noticed that the shoebox had shut off at 2000psi. Thinking I had another leak I turned the shoebox on hoping to hear where it was leaking. But instead of it starting up, it blew the built-in fuse and then I realized that it was seized. I removed the 2nd stage cylinder to check the o-rings but when I went to remove the 3rd stage, it was super tight in the airblock. I tried tapping it out with a block of wood but it was seized in there. I let it sit for a couple hours incase the cylinder had expanded from heat but it is still stuck. I can see gouges in the cylinder portion just after the external o-rings that I have been able to back out.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo322/crboy7430/3rdstageseized.jpg

Any advice welcomed.

George

TomKaye
01-01-2011, 11:40 PM
the piston shaft is probably welded to the delrin inserts. If you move the piston shaft does the cylinder move with it? What serial number do you have?

Tom

crboy
01-01-2011, 11:53 PM
The piston is out of the cylinder. The serial is #115. It is the cylinder that is stuck in the air block. It's like it is swollen and there is debris stuck in there with it. I made sure everything was clean when I last put it together so I don't know....possible debris got in via primary compressor into the block? But then it had to have passed through the 2nd stage.:confused:

TomKaye
01-02-2011, 02:40 AM
Can you remove the entire assembly? Try that then you might be able to pull out the cylinder. Your probably going to have to send it back and I will replace the whole thing.

Tom

crboy
01-03-2011, 02:55 AM
Got the air block out and tried tapping out the cylinder with a block of wood and sand filled hammer but it seems stuck. Thank you for your offer to replace. I can send you this assembly for you to look at and try to correct. Just pm me where you want it sent.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo322/crboy7430/stuckcylinder.jpg

TomKaye
01-03-2011, 03:08 AM
Throw all the pieces that attached to the air block and the cylinders in a box, air lines etc and we will send you a whole new assembly tested and ready to go.
Send it to
Technicor Industires
925 Seton Ct. Unit #7
Wheeling, IL 60090

Sorry for the trouble, i will include a rebuild kit no charge.
Tom

crboy
01-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Many thanks and it will be sent off Monday.

George

crboy
01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Got parts today and had it back up and running in no time : )

Thanks, Tom