PDA

View Full Version : Compressor fill rate vs pressure data?

MPG Solutions
12-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I would be very interested to see a fill rate chart or graph showing the time to achieve various pressures in a given tank size. From your performance stats we know that an 80 cu.ft tank will reach 3000 psi in ~24 hrs. I'd like to seen how long for the same tank to reach 500 psi, 1000 psi, 1500 psi, etc. Actually for my project the tank would most likely be smaller (19, 50, 63cuft, etc.) I assume the curve would not be linear and if it will reach 1000~1500 psi significantly faster that would help me.

If you could get this data and post I would really appreciate it. I have been looking for a product like this for some time now and this looks like just the thing I need! I see quite a long backorder list, do you have an estimated lead time?

Thank you.

TomKaye
12-15-2010, 01:31 AM
It so happens that it is linear. I didn't think it would be either but it is. If you think about it, it takes in a known volume at a given pressure (85 psi) and dumps that in the tank every stroke.

Lead time right now is a couple months since we are moving assembly to Arizona.

Tom

MPG Solutions
12-15-2010, 05:26 AM
Thank you for the reply. I guess I could shave off some refill time if I pressurize the cylinder to ~120 directly from my garage compressor first then continue on with the shoeboxcompressor. Best option I suppose is to keep a large cylinder full all the time for quick small tank refills.

The project I'm working on is in the very early stages but if it materializes I would love to offer your compressor as a part of the package or at least as an option. E-mail me if you think you will have options for resale distributors in the future. Also, I happen to be in Arizona as well so if you are in my neighborhood I'd love to come by and check out the facilities and the product if that's ok. Great product idea and thanks for the information, looking forward to doing some business.

Shane

TomKaye
12-15-2010, 07:23 AM
We will be working on a dealer program once we get production costs in line and know where we are at. Your welcome to come by once we get the assembly moved to AZ.

Tom