PDA

View Full Version : Pressure release valve

trapshooter
07-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Pressure release valve does not release air pressure It screws all the way in and out without tension. The compressor seems to work but pressure in the shoebox is released from the tank valve. What next.

TomKaye
07-14-2011, 03:25 PM
So the unit pumps up the tank fine but you can't release the pressure? The vent rod takes a lot of torque to release the pressure. Are you sure your not just screwing the vent rod in until it hits the ball bearing that releases the air and stopping there?

Tom

trapshooter
07-14-2011, 04:19 PM
All the way in and out until the threads stop. When it happened I restarted the tank and it continued to fill. I have not tried it again.

trapshooter
07-14-2011, 04:21 PM
I meant to say I depressurized and then restarted and it topped off the tank. I have not tried it after that test.

TomKaye
07-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Try depressurizing the tank, screw the valve all the way in, and then try filling. If it still starts pressurizing the tank, remove the vent rod and take a picture of it and send it to info@shoeboxcompressor.com

Tom

trapshooter
07-17-2011, 12:04 AM
I will be out of town for a few days and will try your suggestion as soon as I get home