PDA

View Full Version : Burst disc leaking

leadfingers
06-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Hey Tom,I got the new sprocket and parts and was going to change them out after charging my tank up since I lock tighted the set screws and it was working ok for the last fill. But when I hooked everything up I heard a small leak and found the burst disc was leaking.This happened before and I took it out and I could spin the disc around and it felt sloppy loose.I blew it out with air and I reinstalled it and had no problem for about 12hrs of use til now.Now its leaking and I cant seem to make it stop this time.Never been over 4500psi.Visually it looks fine. Can I get one locally [hardware store, Home depot] Or can I get 1 from you?Its a 4500psi compressor #275 Thanks Ken

TomKaye
06-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Email me your shipping addy and we will send one out. Its normal for them to feel loose since it seals against the copper disk. Do NOT use teflon when you reinstall and torque it to about 30 oz inches.

Tom

leadfingers
06-04-2011, 12:57 AM
ok thanks Tom

airkrazy
06-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey Tom, I believe I'm experiencing the same problem. A very small leak when tank is open. What causes That?

TomKaye
06-04-2011, 02:59 PM
A leak from the burst disk? If its small just tighten it up a bit.

TK

airkrazy
06-04-2011, 07:11 PM
A leak from the burst disk? If its small just tighten it up a bit.

TK I tried to tighten it and the leak got worse. If I back it off a bit it slows down.

TomKaye
06-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Airkrazy, did you email me? tk

airkrazy
06-05-2011, 02:40 AM
No sir I did not....I will if you need me to.

TomKaye
06-05-2011, 04:13 AM
Ok email me your addy and I will send out another burst disk. Make a note with your forum name and the problem in the email.

TK

leadfingers
06-13-2011, 01:31 AM
OK Tom,New problem.I istalled the new sprocket,bearings,burst disc and got one tank filled no problem.The second tank wouldnt go above 2800 psi.I noticed the top 2nd stage cylinder was leaking around the piston shaft when fully extended so I figured it must be time for an overhaul.So I rebuilt the cylinders according to your video to the T, marked the fittings and followed instuctions.Real easy stuff no problems until I leak tested and found the top line was leaking at the fitting between the check valve fitting and the line.I tried to loosen and retighten and no go just got worst.Then in my kinda POed state I tried a little more torque and snapped it off damit.My bad I guess.So I need a new line for the top cylinder 2nd stage and the check valve fitting.Might as well get the other line also.I dont exspect free parts all the time stuff happens, so what ever the cost let me know.Im not given up on this thing.This is a great invention just a few bugs but nothing I cant deal with. Thanks Ken

TomKaye
06-13-2011, 04:04 AM
Sorry about that Ken, you can order them from the store. Air line and fittings are listed separately.

Tom