PDA

View Full Version : air leak@ airblock(bottom)

be4meliz
04-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Has been working great just went to fill yesterday and have major leak from bottom of air block. Is there some kind of o-ring at bottom and how do I get to it without taking everything apart thats connected to the block. Thought it might be burst disc, but leak is definately coming from where airblock meets chassis at bottom

TomKaye
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
There is a plug with an oring on the bottom. I need to talk you through this over the phone. Please email your # to info@shoeboxcompressor.com and mention that you had a leak on the bottom of the block.

Tom

Brad Miller
04-27-2011, 11:14 PM
@ the airblock bottom. What now?

Thanks........

Brad Miller
04-27-2011, 11:45 PM

Thanks........

email sent with description of problem and my phone number to info@shoeboxcompressor.com

I'm out in Calif. PDT thanks Brad..........

TomKaye
04-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Will call tonight. tk

Brad Miller
04-28-2011, 05:05 AM
Tom,
First off let me say thank you so much for calling me this evening.
So I could repair the leak and fill my tanks for tomorrow.

I was attempting to just top them off from 3200 psi back up to 4000. Connected the compressor and walked off for about an hour came back to check things out and it was down to 2200 psi and going nowhere!

Anyway, your instructions were easy to follow and so was the repair.
The "O" ring that was in it had a slice through it like you would fillet a fish, sideways like a razor cut.

I still have the old "O" ring if you want me to send it to you.

I haven't run the compressor yet, too late tonight. But did test for leak at the air block by connecting my tank to the output nipple, opening the valve and shooting some soapy water around the base of the block. No leak with the new "O" ring installed.

So thanks again for calling I'll run the compressor tomorrow AM and let you know if it still leaks under more pressure or not.

Brad.....

be4meliz
04-29-2011, 12:19 PM

Thanks........
Brad, Tom walked me through the procedure.Before pulling airblock out, scribe around base,as alignment is critical when putting back together.At bottom of block there is a small plug with an o-ring. To get to the o-ring-1st wrap plug with towel to catch plug, then use airblaster in outlet hole(high pressure fitting) a short blast will pop out plug.Clean out with q-tip and replace o-ring(grease slightly) and then follow his steps to re-alighn block(this is the hard part) Got mine back together and works great now.:cool: