PDA

View Full Version : Shoe box not charging

xceolite
04-02-2011, 03:18 PM
2 issues.
Shoebox does not charge. I can negatively pressurize the line with my scuba (2000psi), but it will not increase in pressure afterwards. I shut off the scuba and let it run for 15 mins and it did not increase at all. Just stays at 2000psi. There are no leaks that are audiable. With the rods all the way out of the pistons...
Like this:
http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/xceolite/Markers%204%20sale/DSC_0213.jpg
There is a slow leak, but I think it is always like that(?).
This is my setup.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/xceolite/Markers%204%20sale/DSC_0212.jpg

Just found out that the shoulder bolt fell out (part#41). Reinstalled it, but i don't think it is the issue. Going to go outside and run it to see if it fixes it, but i really think it is two different problems. Will update in 15 mins.

Thanks
John

TomKaye
04-02-2011, 03:40 PM
If it gets to 2000 psi but does not shut off there is a slow leak somewhere. Most likely in the upper cylinder. Try filling just the hose and see if it builds up and shuts off. Shorten the hose as much as possible.

Tom

xceolite
04-02-2011, 03:49 PM
So, I just ran it for 15mins and same thing.
Can pressurize to 1700psi and then it holds at that.

xceolite
04-02-2011, 05:29 PM
will teardown the top cylinder and change o-rings/re lube.

Spektrum
04-03-2011, 12:53 PM
This may be a dumb question but where is your input pressure?

xceolite
04-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Not a dumb question. I am using it correctly and it has filled a lot of tanks so far. Scuba and all. Issues just came up out of the blue.

All was staged by my front door for the picture. I setup in my garage. I have a compressor in there. It is funny how wifes and children are not happy with the noise while they are sleeping;) Wimps:)

xceolite
04-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Ok. From no pressure in the lines.....the setup charges until 800psi and no higher. If I pressurize the lines....the shoe box will remain pressurized and once the compressor kicks in, it seems that all pressure is lost. I have removed the first cylinder, cleaned everything in it, changed all o-rings, re-lubed it and put it back together. Same issues.

Tom: are you going to be at LL in May? Could I bring the shoebox and could we troubleshot it there? Just an idea. I do not have a hose shorter to try, as you asked above. I am willing to try more things, if there is something else to do.
Thanks

TomKaye
04-10-2011, 04:13 PM
I will not be at LL sorry. Are you in the Chicago area? If so you can bring it by the factory for repair.

Tom

ShoeBox Tech
04-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Not a dumb question. I am using it correctly and it has filled a lot of tanks so far. Scuba and all. Issues just came up out of the blue.

Ok start over. Put a deadhead on it if you have one or just close the valve on the fill tank. What you want to do to test is to just fill the line. Hook up the shop compressor like normal. 85 to 100psi in. Gauge should start climbing slowly. If it stops, Stop the box and listen for leaks. Report back.