PDA

View Full Version : Delrin spacers siexed in place

magnumair
04-01-2011, 05:44 PM
OK got the aluminum shaft out but can't get the delrin spacers or the 2 o rings out of the end of aluminum shaft, welded in place. Do I have to drill them out or???? Hopelessly stuck in end of shaft. Any advice?

Thanks

George.

justforfun
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I have not had this happen, but when and if it does I'll use a tap to pull the bushings out.

10-32 for the small and 5/16-24 for the large.

Screw tap in about one turn and pull the bushing out.

Roy

magnumair
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
OK it was the 1/8'' piston I was trying to fix. I needed to regrind and rebend my scribe to grasp the orings and spacers. With a bit of a hook I was able to drag them out. Not siezed but very snug. Was unable to find those dental pics that you have. The 1/4'' piston sleeves came out much easier. Guess it came down to the right tool for the job. Fixed and running fine.

George.

magnumair
04-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Roy I was thinking easy-out to take out those bushings but I figured I would of riuned them and I had no spares. How about making the bushings out of brass, wouldn't that work and slide out easier. Just a thought. I ordered a kit so when I get it maybe I will get some brass and try. BTW Roy that tap is a good idea also.

George.

TomKaye
04-02-2011, 12:13 AM
If they get stuck put them in the freezer for a while and that should shrink the delrin faster than the aluminum. Don't even think about drilling them out.

Tom