PDA

View Full Version : Shoebox burst disk is leaking air?

guanshee
03-12-2011, 07:01 PM
Tom,

Please refer to my post regarding a hissing sound coming from my shoebox. I changed the o-rings on the bottom cylinder but it appears the leak is coming from the burst disk. How is this possible when the shoebox stopped at 2000 psi and I only have run the shoebox 3 times?

Let me know how to contact you via phone to see what can be done to get this fix. Thankss

guanshee
03-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Tom,

I emailed you and am posting my feedback here also as I'm trying to see if I can get this fixed today.

I sprayed soapy water at the base of the center column that holds the compressed air and the leak is at the seam where the center column base touches the bottom of the shoebox red box frame.

Any ideas on how to fix this and why there?

TomKaye
03-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Resolved on the phone, post up when you get a tank filled.

Tom

guanshee
03-13-2011, 01:48 AM
Tom,

You are the best. MASH surgery over the phone went great! The o-ring under the air column appeared to be the issue. So far 2100 psi and rising and no leaks. I'll update you once the tank is completely filled.

Olivier

guanshee
03-13-2011, 06:14 PM
Tom,

After fixing that bottom o-ring on the air column all is working even better now. I was able to fill my 66 cu bottle from 2000 psi to 4500 psi in a little over 5.5 hours.

Thanks again. I'll send you an email of the parts I need.