PDA

View Full Version : Shoebox hissing sound near motor when shut-off

guanshee
03-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Today 6:47am
When I turn-off the shoebox to grease the piston shafts, I can hear hissing which sounds like an air leak when I place my ear near the motor on the right rear with the cover off. The gauge on my tank stops at 2000 psi. This is only the third time I've used the shoebox. I'm not seeing the gauge go pass 2000 psi. I received the shoebox a 2 weeks back.

Any ideas if there is a leak and where it might be as I hear it near the motor and chain area?

TomKaye
03-12-2011, 03:15 PM
If it stops at 2000 psi its definitely a problem with your lower cylinder. There is no air pressure back by the motor so its tricking you. Spray some soapy water on the parts and look for a leak on the lower cylinder.

Tom

guanshee
03-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Tom,

It is near the metal airline in the lower cylinder so do I replace the o-rings and is this usual after only running the shoebox 3 times? Each time was a fill from 0 to 4500 psi? I also need to know if a spare or o-rings came with my unit as I see some white o-rings. I did order the rebuild kit but am concerned of o-rings getting worn out after 3 runs.

Let me know and thanks...

guanshee
03-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Tom,

I replaced the o-rings on the lower cylinder but when I attached my 66 cu tank that had 2000 psi and open the valve I found out that the leak is coming from the burst disk in the back? How is this possible as the shoebox did not go over 2000 psi?

I thought it takes a bit of pressure to blow the burst disk in the back. Any ideas and what do I do now? This seems odd as I used this only 3 times. Please advise!!!