PDA

View Full Version : Spring broke

Khaos
03-12-2011, 02:27 AM
Tom
I have shoebox #30 and have been using to fill multiple tanks every month so it has been working hard. I started filling a tank today left came back to check on it and it had shut off at 3000psi so I go to turn it back on to see if i can hear a leak and noticed the spring was gone. so I look on the floor and there it is in two pieces, has this happened to anyone else?
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Ddayballer/9-2-2010.jpg
Sorry about the blurry pic

ShoeBox Tech
03-12-2011, 05:05 AM
Tom
I have shoebox #30 and have been using to fill multiple tanks every month so it has been working hard. I started filling a tank today left came back to check on it and it had shut off at 3000psi so I go to turn it back on to see if i can hear a leak and noticed the spring was gone. so I look on the floor and there it is in two pieces, has this happened to anyone else?http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Ddayballer/9-2-2010.jpg
Sorry about the blurry pic

Number 30, thats a good one. Would you be so kind and please give more details. What size tanks have you been filling? About how many hours total run time would you guess is on your Box. What input pressure are you running? Have you had to or have you replaced any o-rings. How often do you grease the pistons? Sorry for all the questions but the more info the better. Your number is in the first hundred and is special. :}

I get paid to break these things and have test units and units off the line with hundreds of hours on them and have not seen a spring break yet but its bound to happen. :{ Thanks for any info.

TomKaye
03-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Send your mailing addy to info@shoeboxcompressor.com and we will send you a new one. Make a note in the email that you need a spring. Congrats your the first guy to break a spring!

Tom

Khaos
03-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Number 30, thats a good one. Would you be so kind and please give more details. What size tanks have you been filling? About how many hours total run time would you guess is on your Box. What input pressure are you running? Have you had to or have you replaced any o-rings. How often do you grease the pistons? Sorry for all the questions but the more info the better. Your number is in the first hundred and is special. :}

I get paid to break these things and have test units and units off the line with hundreds of hours on them and have not seen a spring break yet but its bound to happen. :{ Thanks for any info.

Input pressure is between 85-90 psi off a 3 gallon compressor
I have rebuilt it twice replacing all the cylinder O-rings and cleaning the check valves
I have been greasing it every 3 hours since Tom made the sugestion before that it was once every day I used it
The size of tanks has varied from month to month depending what teammates drop off for monthly games. 114/4500, 68/4500, 45/4500, 70/3000, 48/3000 are the sizes I have filled.
Calculating how many games we have played since I got it I would say 140 to 150 hours run time
I also had to move the collar 3/32 out to get it to fill to 4500 psi

DJH
03-28-2011, 04:59 AM
Tom i also just broke a spring on mine today