PDA

View Full Version : Received shoebox #301

Kingsley
03-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Morning Tom,

Couple questions. Received #301 a couple days ago. I did fill a guppy tank to 4500 psi in about 3.5 hours, worked great.

From watching your video on the mechanical quick check I ran into a couple problems. First I cannot move the crank by hand, yet under power it appears to work fine.

Second is the chains are extremely tight, there is no play in either at all. I'm hoping that the reason I cannot move the crank is due to the tightness of the chains? If so, to adjust the chain do I just loosen the screws mounting the motor to the housing and adjust the motor? Also will the adjust both chains? Thanks for the help and for a great set up.

Kingsley

longislandhunter
03-04-2011, 02:49 PM
I received mine (#287) little over a week ago and both chains on mine were extremely tight on mine as well with no play at all in either. When I tried to move the crank by hand as suggested in the Quick Check video I couldn't get it to budge. I watched the video on properly adjusting the chains and went ahead and adjusted them so both chains had a little play in them. After adjusting them I found that I could move the crank by hand with no problems at all. I then used the unit to fill my 2 tanks and the unit ran great. Adjusting the chains is extremely easy if you follow the instructions in the video.

Kingsley
03-04-2011, 02:58 PM
I did not see the vidoe on adjusting the chain, where did you find it? Thanks for the reply.

K

Kingsley
03-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Never mind, found it. Again thanks.

K

TomKaye
03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Yes adjust your chains! :) Sounds like everyone worked it out. Thanks I am on the road this weekend.

Tom