PDA

View Full Version : high pressure line leaking

crboy
03-01-2011, 03:55 AM
Had to change o-rings on second stage and when I took off the air line the compression sleeve stayed in the main fitting (gland) that was screwed into the piston housing. Reinserted the line into the sleeve but it leaked badly. Removed sleeve from main fitting and slid it back onto the line but the line would bottom out near the tip/end of the sleeve. Tried tightening up the fitting but it still leaks by. Is the tube supposed to be able to go through the sleeve and when tightening the nut which causes the sleeve to compresses on the line to secure it? Do I need a new sleeve or should I try widening the end of the sleeve so that the airline can barely pass through and reassemble?

TomKaye
03-01-2011, 04:11 AM
Don't do anything. If you can take the sleeve off leave it off and we will send you a new fitting. Slide the nut, then the new sleeve on the air line and assemble to the fitting on the cylinder. Make sure you hold the air line all the way in when your tightening it up. Send your mailing address including your forum name crboy to sales@shoeboxcompressor.com and we will send you out a new one. Also email if its the upper or lower fitting.

Tom

crboy
03-01-2011, 09:23 PM
email sent and thank you.