PDA

View Full Version : Made an animation....

Ydna
02-26-2011, 05:09 AM
Had to take some artistic licenses, but it worked out in the end...
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/shoebox_11fps.gif
http://www.zdspb.com/media/tech/animations/shoebox_19fps.gif

It's difficult to show exactly what happens to the pressures at every step during the piston movement but I think this conveys the jist of it. (even harder when trying to make the demonstration loop continuously)
The colors are a little wonky but what else is new. I've found it's always hard finding a good pallette of colors that mix well together while still leaving enough shades to differentiate everything. a graphic designer I'm not....

The only thing that's up in the air (har har har) is the release spring mechanism. I originally thought the spring was actuated merely by the cam hitting a sweet spot where it was aligned with the release lever, reducing the force being transmitted to the lever......but then as I was gazing at the finished animation I realized the thing would never really turn off if the cam position was the only factor. So I see now that the direct pressures in the pistons equalizes it more than I originally assumed...I couldn't visualize that as well as I thought before I made the animation, so I didn't really "plan" to express it. But I think it can still be explained by watching the simplified pressure changes.
I might be able to fix that but it'll take a lot of busywork (nooooo)

That is all :cool:

TomKaye
02-26-2011, 07:38 AM
WOW! FANTASTIC job! Can I use it for the website?? Of course I will give you credit.

Thanks!

Tom

bdurham
02-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for sharing. This answered a lot of questions in a few minutes that would be hard to explain. Ben

justforfun
02-26-2011, 08:21 PM
That is nice, but it does not work. I've been running it for a hour and my computer has not has not increased a single PSI.

Ydna
02-27-2011, 02:28 AM
Must be your bleed valve knob :)

I went ahead and updated the GIF files by rearranging the text, making the watermark less intrusive, got rid of the "legend" etc. I think it's better now.

Tom you can certainly use it for anything! I already watermarked it so you don't really have to bother mentioning credit.
I can change it later to reflect any changes should you make them, just have to let me know.

TomKaye
02-27-2011, 07:07 AM
Thanks Ydna, it will go on the site tonight.

Tom

Fat Old Fool
02-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Careful some unscrupulous sort doesn't pillage your idea.

FOF